The time has come when Kirklees Council and the NHS re-tender the current Community Option contracts.
Kirklees Council and the NHS Integrated Commissioning Board commission 5 contracts to support people’s mental health in Kirklees:
- Self-help, Wellbeing and Recovery – currently run by Community Links as CLEAR
- Mental Health Creative Arts – currently run by hoot as Out of the Blue
- Mental Health, Wellbeing and the Natural Environment – currently run by S2R as The Great Outdoors
- Women’s Mental Health – currently run by WomenCentre
- Integrated Carers Options – currently run by Cloverleaf under Carers Count as Carers Count Mental Health
The contracts offer a variety of activities and support which aim to:
- Improve community mental health services for people and with people
- Ensure services are accessible to all
- Increase positive outcomes for people in using the services
- Enable and create independence and resilience
- Increase prevention and early intervention work
The current contracts end in March 2024 and should the services continue to be seen as needed to meet the mental health needs of people in Kirklees we are required by procurement rules to re-tender these services.
The council and the NHS Integrated Commissioning Board would like your help to identify the future need and what, if any, changes we should make to improve the offer for the future.
The service review is not a review of the current providers; it is a review of the need for the provision of services to support those with mental health needs in Kirklees. Therefore, if you could think more about the services and what you feel is needed rather than how well (or otherwise) you think the providers have delivered these services. This will support us in reviewing and making improvements for the future.
The survey will run to 7 July